Why choose Specialized for your business?
Whether you want to reduce your energy costs or your carbon footprint, there has never been a better time to invest in solar PV for your business.
- Increase the bottom line
- Great Government incentives
- Attractive financing options
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Green environmental image
- Long term income potential from assets
Commercial Solar Installations
Whether it’s a small 10kW, a 100kW solar system – or a long-term income generating 100kW-plus solution – Specialized Solar focuses on ensuring you have the right size system for your business and can advise you on the most suitable financing solutions, if that’s required.
Systems of this size generally require no special application to the electrical distributor apart from an initial online pre-application submission. 10kW per phase is generally immediately approved and the system installation process can commence on signing of the sales contract. It is important to note that limitations to allowable installed size may occur if the network distributor’s transformer capacity has been met or exceeded, or if their infrastructure requires export limitation measures to be employed.
These larger systems require a special feasibility assessment and application to your electrical distributor. Expert solar engineering planning, assessment and administration is required create a successful application and expedite proceedings. A consultative process with your electricity distributor is undertaken on your behalf by our expert team of professionals and solar engineers.
A Renewable Generator Approval package is prepared by our team and submitted to the distributor for preliminary assessment. NB: Non-refundable costs are involved at this point.
The distributor (in due course) will make recommendations in order to protect the integrity of their assets, and will either:
- Reject the application outright.
- Prescribe any required network protection and testing procedures, as well as costs involved.
- Depending on the desired amount of solar power exported back into the grid, they will either:
- determine a maximum allowable size of solar connection to the grid; or
- specify the types of electro-mechanical protection measures that will be required to ensure zero power is exported back to the grid.
NB: Limitations to allowable installed size may occur if the area or transformer capacity has been met or exceeded, or if the network infrastructure requires export limitation measures to be employed.
>100kW (LGC) systems
This is similar to the application process for 30-100kW systems but requires extra collaboration with the electricity network distributor. We achieve this by doing the required engineering due diligence up-front, so you know exactly what is required to gain distributor approval to undertake your project. We undertake a comprehensive feasibility study on every project over 30kW, in line with electricity distributor requirements, and prepare a Renewable Generator Approval package for submission.
Key points to note:
- This is a compulsory process that requires an up-front investment from the client in order to proceed.
- It is a structured cost that comes off the end price on contract signing.
- Once the Renewable Generator Approval is completed, the client has the option to review the project before proceeding further and can either:
- instruct us to proceed immediately; or
- retain the option to wait at their discretion and use our services in the future, or contract whoever they wish at a later date.
- The RGA package is transferrable and becomes a valuable capital investment instrument for the client.
NB: LGC income management and financial income disbursement is discussed on distributor application and a ROI projection can only be given at this stage depending on current market forward contracts and timing of installation following distributor network approval to proceed.