Why choose Specialized for your business?
Whether you want to reduce your energy costs or your carbon footprint, there has never been a better time to invest in solar PV on your business.
- Increase the bottom line
- Secure reduced overheads
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Attractive financing options
- Green environmental image
- Great Government incentives
- Long term income potential from assets
Commercial Solar Installations
Whether it’s a small 10kW, a 100kW system, or a log term income generating >100kW LGC solution, Specialized Solar Solutions focuses in ensuring you have the right size system for your business.
Generally requires no special application to the electrical distributor apart from an initial online pre-application submission. 10kW per phase is generally automatically and immediately approved, and system installation process can commence on signing of sales contract. NB: Limitations to allowable installed size may occur if area or transformer capacity has been met or exceeded, or infrastructure requires export limitation measures to be employed.
Requires special feasibility assessment and application to the electrical distributor. Expert Solar Engineering planning, assessment and administration is required in order to proceed and expedite proceedings. A consultative process with the area NEM distributor and negotiation is undertaken on your behalf by our expert team of professionals, and solar engineering team.
A Renewable Generator Approval package is prepared by our team and submitted to the distributor for preliminary assessment. NB: Non-refundable costs are involved at this point.
The distributor (in due course) will then make recommendations in order to protect the integrity of their assets, and will either:
- Reject the application outright
- Prescribe required network protection and testing procedures and costs involved at this point
- Depending on the desired amount of export back into the grid determine a maximum allowable size of solar connection to the grid
- Or prescribe what electro-mechanical protection measures will be required to ensure zero power is ever exported back to the grid.
NB: Limitations to allowable installed size may occur if area or transformer capacity has been met or exceeded, or infrastructure requires export limitation measures in any capacity to be employed.
>100kw (LGC) systems
As per the 30kw-100kw process, but requires extra collaboration with the electricity Network Distributor. Again, we achieve this by doing the required Engineering due diligence up front, so you know exactly what is required to get Distributor approval to undertake your project. We undertake a comprehensive feasibility study on every project over 30kW, in line with NEM distributor requirements, and prepare a Renewable Generator Approval package for submission. As per the 30kw-100kw process this is a compulsory process that requires an up-front investment from the client in order to proceed.
- This cost is a structured cost that comes off the end price on contract signing.
- Once the RGA is completed, the client has the option to review the project before proceeding further, and direct us to either proceed immediately
- Or has the option to wait at their discretion and use our services in the future, or contract whomever they wish at a later date.
- The RGA package is thus transferrable and becomes a valuable capital investment instrument for the client.
NB: LGC income management and financial income disbursement is discussed on distributor application and a ROI projection can only be given at this stage dependent on current market forward contracts and timing of installation following distributor network approval to proceed.