My internet has lost connection to my Inverter.
Once I have accepted a quote and paid a deposit what happens next?
If you are applying for the Solar Victoria Rebate, they will assist you with your application details.
I have been approved for Solar Victoria Rebate, what happens now?
You would’ve received a QR code , please send this to email@example.com so we can add this onto your account.
A member of our customer support team will be in contact to advise of the next steps regarding your site inspection (if required) or installation date.
Once I have been installed what happens?
In this call they will:
- Confirm payment of final balance (this is required to action the electrical inspection)
- Setup your inverter monitoring and provide you with access.
- Explain that due to updated regulations, your solar system is now required to be switched off until the electrical inspection is completed. (electrical inspector is 3rd party and government regulated).
- Electrical inspections are required to be completed within 7-10 working days.
- Once the electrical inspection is completed and we have received your “grid connect” paperwork we will then submit it to your electricity retailer and distributor for processing. To ensure our customers are on the same page, we will cc you in on all emails sent for your reference. Once the electricity retailer has received your “grid connect” paperwork they will then complete a “Meter reconfiguration” which basically means they update the software in your smart meter to enable you to send power back to the grid for an agreed “feed-in Tariff” (this is normally 10-12c per kwh sent back to them) this “meter reconfiguration” process can take up to 21 business days. But we always suggest calling the following day (after the paperwork is sent via email) to follow up. Rest assure though, when your electrical inspection is completed, your system is switch on and operating. Which means you can generate power for self-use and start benefiting straight away. The only thing that you will not be able to do, is send power back to the grid for a ‘feed-in tariff” (until the meter reconfiguration process is completed).
How do I know if my Inverter is experiencing High Grid voltage?
Heat also increases resistance in the grid’s cables, forcing higher voltages out of the inverter than it would normally experience. The inverters must produce higher voltage than the grid itself to return power back to it, but they are not allowed to exceed 255V.
So if the grid voltage reaches high enough levels, the inverter may need to ramp down or shut off completely as it will not be able to exceed this point and will have nowhere to send the excess power.
What do I do if I am getting High Grid Voltage?
Then make direct contact with your Electricity distributor to lodge a complaint. Unfortunately, due to privacy we are not able to call on your behalf to lodge a complaint.
We will be able to prepare you with what to say and provide you with any data that will support your case.
Powercor PH: 13 22 06
United Energy PH: 1300 131 689
Ausnet Services PH: 1300 360 795
Jemena PH: 1300 131 871
How long does my Grid Connect paperwork take to be completed?
We suggest contacting your retailer / distributor to get an update where possible. As they will not speak to us due to privacy reasons.
I am getting Solar Installed; can I change electricity retailers?
This will ensure all your “grid connect” paperwork has been processed and completed.
If you happen to change retailers in the middle of your solar installation, this may delay the timeframe of your grid connect completion date.
I do not understand my Monitoring Platform
I do not understand the charges on my electricity bill
For any reason you cannot get through to them, please feel free to contact us and we can run through it with you.
What is Generation?
What is Export?
What is Import?
What is Consumption?
My neighbor has solar installed, and they are generating more than my system, Why?
Panels also vary in size so you could possibly have a 300w panels installed but your neighbor could have a 330w panel installed. However, you can see your Generation, Consumption, Export and Import via your monitoring portal.
I have been provided with a panel layout in my quote, but I would like to make changes prior to being installed.
When do I need to make payment for the final balance?
Once a payment has been made please send confirmation of the transaction to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need to get my Solar PV system serviced?
This is a service we do offer. Contact our customer service team and they will be able to organize this for you.
How do I clean my Solar Panels?
I have two meters on site, will I require a truck appointment?
Pricing is case by case bases (dependent on distributor) but in most cases it will cost between $500-$800.
I have moved into a new home and I do not have an internet connection. What can I do regarding my inverter monitoring?
My system was installed a while ago, am I able to add additional panels?
What is export limitation and what does it mean for me?
To be completely clear, export limitation only limits the amount of energy you can
send back to the grid, not what you can consume at any given time.
So, if you have a 6.6 KW Solar PV system installed and the electricity distributor has approved a 0kw export. This will mean you will be able to generate and consume 6.6KW of power within your household (or store in a battery) but you will not be able to export any power back to the grid. (for a feed-in tariff).
Why do I need a WIFI EXTENDER?
Internet connection and wi-fi strength is the owner’s responsibility.
If you believe your wi-fi strength is not strong enough to connect to the inverter we suggest installing a wi-fi extender.