Founded in 1997, Sungrow is one of the world’s largest solar inverter and battery manufacturers. The world’s most bankable solar inverter brand with over 224 GW installed, Sungrow is truly massive global organisation with inverters installed in more than 150 countries.
Sungrow is also one of the most innovative solar manufacturers in the world, with over 2,600 employees in research and development. Its broad product portfolio encompasses solar inverters and batteries for households, businesses, and utility-scale operations.
Because of its scale, Sungrow’s inverters and batteries are competitively priced and offer excellent value for money. Sungrow inverters have an industry-leading efficiency rating of up to 99 per cent, higher than many premium priced inverter brands on the market.
Sungrow’s entry into the battery storage market has been well-received, with a product range that ticks the boxes for reliability, functionality, and value.
Sungrow’s headquarters are in China. Its Australian office, established in 2012, is in North Sydney.
Clean Energy Reviews rates Sungrow as one of the top 5 inverter brands in Australian in 2021.
As an authorised Sungrow partner, Specialized Solar & Electrical supplies, installs and supports the following Sungrow products:
- Sungrow string inverters
- Sungrow hybrid inverters
- Sungrow battery storage
Sungrow string inverters
Sungrow has a large range of string inverters – both single-phase and three-phase – which are suitable for any size residential or commercial installation.
- Highly efficient: With conversion efficiencies of up to 99 per cent, Sungrow inverters are amongst the most efficient inverters on the market. Probably the most important statistic to check when buying an inverter, efficiency is a measure of how much DC power from the solar panels is converted into usable AC power. The higher the efficiency the better.
- Safe and reliable: Sungrow inverters have built-in surge arresters and residual current protection and meet all grid-safety requirements.
- Advanced monitoring: When purchased through Specialized Solar, your Sungrow inverter will be set up with the Sungrow advanced Wi-Fi enabled monitoring app which shows solar generation and solar consumption. Having both generation and consumption data is the key to maximising solar self-consumption and reducing your electricity bills.
- Sleek, compact design: Sungrow inverters look neat and unobtrusive, no matter where they are installed. Weighing around 20 kilograms, they are quick to install, lowering costs still further.
- Reliable in extreme temperatures: Sungrow inverters are ideal for the tough Australian climate, continuing to operate effectively in extreme heat and cold (-25⁰C to +60⁰C).
- Quiet: With a natural cooling in-built system, Sungrow inverters make virtually no noise. Unlike fan-cooled inverters, a Sungrow inverter will not disturb your neighbours or family even if it is positioned near a bedroom window.
Sungrow hybrid inverters
Sungrow also manufactures one of the best value hybrid solar inverters on the market, ideal as part of a grid-connected battery storage system. This hybrid inverter comes with an optional back-up device for protection during a blackout.
With single-phase and three-phase variants, the Sungrow hybrid inverter offers all the advantages of the Sungrow string inverter – and more!
Why install the Sungrow hybrid inverter?
If you live in the Ausnet, Jemena or United Energy network distribution regions (covering much of Melbourne, Melbourne Bayside and the Mornington Peninsula) and you are interested in solar battery storage – either now or down the track – then the Sungrow hybrid inverter is a great choice.
In these areas, your network distributor sets a hard cap limit for solar installations of 10kW based on inverter capacity. If you choose an AC-coupled battery like Powerwall which has a built-in battery inverter with a capacity of 5kW, this gets added to the capacity of your solar inverter.
If you go down this route, you will not be allowed to install a 10kW solar panels system and an AC-coupled battery (e.g., Powerwall) as it would total 15kW of inverter capacity. This exceeds the limits set by the network distributors in the regions mentioned above, for single-phase properties.
But if you choose the Sungrow hybrid inverter you neatly side-step this issue. You can install a 10kW Sungrow hybrid inverter as well as a Sungrow 9.6kWh battery (or larger) and be compliant with the network distributor rules in the AusNet, Jemena, and United Energy regions for single-phase properties.
Or you could choose to install the Sungrow hybrid inverter now (as part of your solar panels system) and add a DC-coupled battery (like Sungrow) later.
As a side note: Whilst a 10kW solar panels system may sound big, it is fast becoming the most popular size residential solar system in Australia. The reason is the move to the all-electric home, bigger homes with greater electricity use and in-home EV charging.
Sungrow batteries are stackable modules that provide storage ranging from 9.6kWh to 25.6kWh. These lithium iron phosphate batteries can scale up when stacked to provide an enormous 102.4kWh of usable storage energy.
Suited to residential and commercial use, the batteries provide reliable, seamless storage and full blackout protection when teamed with the Sungrow hybrid inverter.
- DC-coupled battery (avoiding network distributor inverter limits in Jemena, AusNet and United Energy regions)
- Stackable in units of 3.2kWh (for example 9.6kWh, 12.8kWh, 16kWh)
- 100% usable energy
- Compact and light
- Installation in garage or under cover
- Reliable operation even in extreme heat and cold (-25 degrees Celsius to +60 degrees Celsius)
- Fully compliant with all Australian safety standards
- Approved by the Clean Energy Council
- Eligible for the Victorian Solar Homes battery rebate
Sungrow Australia has one of the largest support teams when compared to other solar manufacturers operating in Australia. They are renowned for providing fast, efficient customer and technical support, as well as excellent after sales service.
Sungrow provides solid industry-standard warranties for its range of products installed by Specialized & Electrical:
|String Inverter||10 years||10 years|
|Hybrid Inverter||10 years||10 years|
|Battery||10 years||10 years|
Learn more: Solar warranties: What to look out for.
Sungrow Residential Three phase inverter SG5.0/7.0/10/15/20RT
Sungrow Residential Hybrid Single phase inverter SH5.0/6.0RS
Sungrow Residential Single phase inverter SG3kD/SG5K-D Premium
Sungrow Residential Hybrid Three Phase inverter SH5.0/10RT
Sungrow Residential Single Phase inverter SG8K-D
Sungrow High Voltage LFP Battery
Sungrow High Voltage Battery Warranty
Sungrow Contact Details:
Sungrow Australia group Pty. Ltd.
Suite 1703, 99 Mount Street,
North Sydney NSW 2060
Tel: (Toll Free) 1800 SUNGROW (786 476)