1. Your solar system’s estimated output
Before installing your solar system – or on the day of installation – you will be provided with a document (called the Solar Proposal) that sets out your solar power system’s estimated yield for the first year after installation (Estimated Yield).
The Estimated Yield relates to the year one performance of the solar system. It is based on a 15 year set of irradiation and temperature data (noting that yearly weather patterns will vary).
The Estimated Yield will also be affected by a number of other factors which are described in your Solar Proposal.
2. Our guarantee
We guarantee that the energy output of your solar system will meet or beat:
- The Estimated Yield in the first year after installation.
- 95% of the Estimated Yield in the second, third, fourth and fifth years after installation.
- 90% of the Estimated Yield in the sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth and tenth years after installation subject to the factors described in the Solar Proposal and this web page – the Performance Guarantee.
Where the warranty of the product exceeds 10 years, we guarantee 90% of the Estimated Yield until the manufacturer’s warranty on the product expires.
3. Making a claim
If your system does not meet the Performance Guarantee for a particular year after installation, then at the end of that year you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
In order to make a claim for compensation, you must send a letter or email us using the contact details below.
In your notice you must provide:
- Details to support your claim that the Performance Guarantee is not being met.
- We recommend you provide data from your inverter or online portal showing the energy production of your system. This data should be collected over a reasonable period to enable us to eliminate factors such as seasonal variations.
- Details of the compensation to which you believe you are entitled.
- A copy of your invoice, receipt or any other document which provides proof of purchase of the solar system from us.
- Details of how we should contact you.
We will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your claim to discuss the performance of your solar system with you.
4. Your responsibilities
When your system is installed, you will be provided with documents which explain a recommended maintenance routine for your solar system and advice on how to monitor its performance.
In determining whether any compensation is payable to you, we may take into account how much time has passed between:
- When it would have been reasonable for you to have become aware of a fault or problem with your system
- For example: by monitoring your system’s performance in accordance with the documents provided to you at the time of installation or by checking your bill each billing cycle, or by checking available online electricity data; and
- When you actually contact us to report that fault or problem.
5. When you are not entitled to a remedy
You are not entitled to a remedy when your solar system does not meet the Performance Guarantee due to something:
- you or someone else said or did (excluding Specialized Solar & Electrical’s contractors, agents or employees) or did not do, or
- beyond human control that happened after the system was installed at your premises.
Examples may include where:
- an unskilled, unqualified or inexperienced person removed, reinstalled, repaired or modified the system;
- you failed to carry out reasonable maintenance on the solar system or its surrounds in accordance with the documents provided to you at the time your system was installed; or
- actual weather values deviate from the site irradiation and temperature mean values used in calculating the
Performance Guarantee outputs.
This Performance Guarantee is to be construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria and any disputes will be determined by the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
7. Consumer guarantees
In addition to this Performance Guarantee, our goods and services come with further guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
Please note that in addition to the rights and remedies set out in this document, you may also have other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
8. Contact details
Specialized Solar & Electrical
Address: 7/2-8 Northey Rd, Lynbrook, Victoria, 3975
Customer Service: (03) 9117 6185