Founded in 1997 by a Chinese university professor, Sungrow is China’s largest solar inverter manufacturer with a turnover of more than $1.5 billion and over 1,500 employees.
Sungrow is a massive global organisation with a reputation for innovation and reliability. A staggering 79 gigawatt of Sungrow inverter capacity has been installed on homes, businesses and solar farms in more than 60 countries. Today, Sungrow has 15% of the global solar inverter market, making it one of the largest solar inverter manufacturers in the world.
Sungrow is recognised as for its technology leadership in the solar industry. Sungrow inverters are amongst the most powerful and reliable available with efficiency ratings of up to 99%.
The company invests heavily in innovation. Over 30% of Sungrow’s staff work in research and development and, as of June 2019, the company had more than 1,600 patent applications.
Sungrow inverters have won numerous industry awards including an “A” grade rating in the prestigious Photon Lab tests. Australian industry authority – Clean Energy Reviews – rates Sungrow inverters as one of the top 5 string inverters for Australian households.
Popular in Australia
Sungrow inverters are a popular choice in Australia, combining durability and performance at a competitive price.
The company has shown strong commitment to the Australian market, having established an office in North Sydney more than six years ago.
Sungrow Australia now has one of the largest solar inverter manufacturers teams in Australia covering sales, technical support, projects and after sales service. It is well-regarded for the fast, efficient technical support and the excellent after-sales service it provides for warranty claims.
Sungrow inverters meet all relevant Australian standards and are proven to perform well in tough Australian conditions – both extreme heat and cold. They are listed on the Clean Energy Council approved solar inverters list.
Sungrow has a large range of string inverters, suitable for any size of residential installation, as well as commercial solar systems right up to mega-scale solar farms.
Sungrow also manufactures one of the best value hybrid solar inverters on the market, ideal as part of a grid-connected battery storage system. This hybrid inverter comes with an optional back-up device for protection during a blackout.
Sungrow inverters – major benefits
Aside from a very competitive price, Sungrow solar inverters boast features common in more expensive brands.
- Highly efficient at producing energy – Sungrow inverters can achieve up to 99% efficiency. This is a measure of how efficiently the inverter can convert the power collected from your solar panels into electricity which can be used in your home. It is one of the key stats to check when comparing inverters.
- Safe and reliable – Sungrow inverters have built-in surge arresters and residual current protection and meet all grid-safety requirements
- WiFi monitoring included as standard – so you can check out how your system is performing at any time, via your laptop or mobile phone
- Sleek, compact design – your inverter will look good wherever it is installed
- Low noise
- Easy installation – lightweight design, with push-in connectors and a include a mounting plate with an internal level so installation costs are lower
All Sungrow solar inverters have a minimum 5 years warranty that can be extended up to 20 years.
Sungrow 3kW / 5kW String Inverter (SG3K-D/SG5K-D) Datasheet
Sungrow 8kW String Inverter (SG8K-D) Datasheet
Sungrow Hybrid Power Conversion System (SH 5K-20)
Sungrow 5-8kw 3-phase inverter data sheet
Sungrow 10-12kw 3-Phase inverter data sheet
Sungrow SG3K-D / SG4K-D / SG5K-D / SG6K-D User Manual
Sungrow Export Limitation Solution
Sungrow iSolar Monitoring Brochure
Sungrow iSolar User guide