Premium European Solar Inverters
Founded in the late 1800s, ABB is a multi-billion dollar Swiss industrial giant that manufactures solar inverters (amongst other products) in China, Italy, the USA, South Africa and Slovakia. Today, ABB is recognised for making amongst the most technologically innovative, efficient and reliable inverters available worldwide. This expertise in inverter technology has led the company to develop one of the widest ranges of solar PV inverters – from single-phase and three-phase string inverters for homes and businesses, right through to massive inverter stations for solar farms of up 6,660kW.
Tens of thousands of ABB inverters have been installed on homes and business in Australia in the last 20-plus years. Their reputation in this country is very high – for example, Australian solar authority, Clean Energy Reviews, rating them as one of the top 5 solar inverters. Another well-regarded Australian solar expert, Solar Quotes, lists ABB as one of their “trusted inverter brands” and goes as far as saying that ABB inverters are “just as good [as SMA inverters]. They have a reputation for reliability and great customer support and, as a bonus, they tend to be a bit cheaper than an SMA.”
ABB inverters meet all relevant Australian standards and are on the approved list of inverters published by the Clean Energy Council. ABB has a significant presence in Australia with 1,400 employees across 14 sites.
ABB inverters come with a 10-years parts and labour warranty as standard, backed up by responsive after-sales service.
ABB Inverters for Homes and Businesses
The ABB inverter range for homes and businesses starts as small as 1.2kW and goes right up to 175kW. Their single-phase inverters are lightweight and compact, weighing around 15kg and around half a metre in height. They can be mounted inside or outside and, with their built-in natural cooling system, they are one of the quietest inverters on the market. Installers love them as they have an easy-to-use plug and play interface which makes them quick to install – that’s a plus for customers as this is typically reflected in lower install costs.
- Highly efficient at converting sunlight into power that can be used in your home: The conversion efficiency for ABB inverters is between 97-98% in peak conditions, this makes it one of the most efficient solar PV inverters on the market today.
- Easy-to-use WiFi monitoring: Provides live data on how much solar is being generated by your system – as well as how much is consumed in your home and exported/imported from the grid. The solar monitoring is presented in a user-friendly format accessible via mobile phone or computer.
- Tough enough to withstand extreme weather conditions: Rated to operate in temperatures ranging from -25°C to 60°C
- Export limiting functionality: Can comply with any export limits set by the network distributor without the need to invest in additional hardware or software
- Technologically advanced: Built-in connectivity for micro-grid integration
Overall, ABB inverters are a reliable, highly efficient brand of European inverters that are well-proven globally.
Note: It was announced in July 2019 that FIMER, a well-established Italian inverter manufacturer will take over ABB’s solar division in early 2020. FIMER was founded in 1942 and started developing inverter technology in 1983. FIMER claims it is the world`s eighth largest inverter manufacturer, with its main focus in this area to-date being inverters for solar farms.